Thursday 27 May 2010

The Fear

It's still quite quiet here in Bude so I've decided it's a good day for a field trip to see Gul Newquay and Gul Padstow in action. Now, this would actually be quite fun were it not for my dread of driving in towns and cities. Being a proud yokel, used to trolling the quiet North Cornish byways, the idea of putting myself into the maelstrom of a busy town centre is the stuff of which, for me, terrifying nightmares are made of. All the signs! All the traffic lights! All the bikinis...

Luckily, though, I have some sympathy in a fellow manager based a little further South. She (who shall remain nameless) suffers the cold sweats of autophobia just like me. But she's had a breakthrough. She suggested I buy a satnav system, to make my life a lot easier: She swears it's revolutionised her ability to not break down and cry in large conurbations.
But as I am a product of the Blue Peter generation, quite prepared to make stuff out of what I already have lying around doing nothing (and, frankly, I'm tight) I came up with a much better idea that would cost far, far less.

A home-made TomTom.

Let's hit the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment