Saturday 26 February 2011

Mick Kavanagh

Mick is a really good photographer, his portfolio is stacked with shots from beautiful vistas to edgy war zones across the globe. There's a few wisened profiles in there too. I'm stoked that he's been teaching me some stuff of late. Mick is also for hire, just like the A-Team - if you need an event photographed by a pro, drop us a line here and we'll put you in touch.
In Bude he's been indulging his love of surf photography. Here's a few:


The shot above is of Bobby. Bobby has a bit of a reputation around Bude. Despite that, he's also known for shredding deep and hard, as shown here at our very own spot 'M'. After this session, he came in moaning about the cold water. Bobby now wears a Gul Viper.



I really like this shot. This shot is at my own local break, the surf was actually about 4ft and very hollow. I was walking the dog on this day, regretting the timing of a fresh tattoo, and saw Mick taking the shot. These are my friends, Olly and James. I have a few good snaps of my own of Olly in various barrels this day. Olly wears a Gul Vortex.


Here's Olly again, also at spot 'M'.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment